The Association was formed in 1975 to ensure safe production, storage, transportation and use of hydrofluoric acid.
Hydrofluoric acid is used as a chemical feedstock for fluorocarbons. It is also used in petroleum refining and glass treatment, in the metallurgic industry, in the production of electronics, pharmaceuticals and agrochemicals, as well as in consumer products like detergents and toothpastes.
The Association aims to
- ensure the proper production, handling, transportation and use of hydrofluoric acid
- ensure effective protection of workers, the environment and the people living around hydrofluoric acid plants
- ensure proper medical treatment in case of accidental hydrofluoric acid burns
- study the trends in hydrofluoric acid consumption in view of the rapidly changing legislation for downstream products
- ensure adequate communication on its products and recommendations
All statements, information, and data presented herein are believed to be accurate and reliable but are presented without warranty, guaranty, or responsibility of any kind, expressed or implied. Statements or suggestions regarding possible use of our products are made without representation or warranty that any such use is free of patent infringement, and we are not recommending to infringe on any patent. The user should not assume that all safety measures are indicated or that other measures may not be required.